Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pestilence in the Bible

      

Psalm 91:1-16                    

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...
 
Leviticus 26:25   
And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the quarrel of my covenant: and when ye are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.

Numbers 14:12 | 
I will smite them with the pestilence, and disinherit them, and will make of thee a greater nation and mightier than they.

1 Kings 8:37  
If there be in the land famine, if there be pestilence, blasting, mildew, locust, or if there be caterpiller; if their enemy besiege them in the land of their cities; whatsoever plague, whatsoever sickness there be;

2 Chronicles 7:13  
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;

Luke 21:11   
And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment